Review: Brooklyn Pilsner



Purchased from:
Whole Foods, Fair Lakes

ABV:
5.1%

Type:
Pilsner-type lager

Color:
golden/amber hue that is quite attractive

Aroma:
citrus-y, sweet, spice

Taste:
floral and spice hop notes at the beginning making way for citrus and hints of apple; crisp, not bitter with very slight malt backbone and ends dry

Overall:
I picked up a pack of these on a whim since I was in the mood for something lighter and refreshing and this beer fit the bill.  I had never had this before but have had Brooklyn Lager which I liked.  Also because my sister and cousins live in Brooklyn so I felt like I have a connection to the brewery... or something like that.  Anyway, drank this out of my Sam Adams glass and took a whiff and it was very enticing.  The floral notes were prevalent in the aroma, setting you up for what is to come.  When you drink though, you get mild hops, crisp and refreshing water, and some fizziness from the carbonation.  The hop flavors linger a bit and reveal light citrus that reminded me of green apple sometimes.  Pretty interesting.  Hardly any malt flavors as expected on this pilsner.  The beer is somewhat dry and leaves you wanting to take another sip.  The Brooklyn Pilsner is quite drinkable and smooth and did the job for a refreshing beer but due to the dryness and lack of robustness in the taste, it makes the beer just a decent selection.

3/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment