Review: Abita Turbodog


Purchased from: 
Whole Foods, Fair Lakes

Type: 
Brown Ale

ABV: 
5.6%

Color: 
Dark brown with a tan head

Smell: 
Bright, hoppy smell with a little chocolate.

Taste: 
Initial hit of bitterness from the hops which dissipate to reveal chocolate, malt and coffee notes. Smooth clean finish with a light aftertaste.

Overall: 
This beer after first drink reminded me of Newcastle Brown Ale in how it hits the palette, with the initial hop hit with the malt soon after. It is a darker brown ale that goes down smooth and somewhat heavy but finishes clean. The chocolate/malt notes really come out after the first gulp but don't linger and actually refreshes the palette. As I drank this beer more, I enjoyed it more. Although, I prefer a lighter beer with my food, I could drink this beer with steak or burgers and I believe it would complement it well. Overall, a solid brew from Abita.  

3/5

More info: Abita Turbodog

0 comments:

Post a Comment