Note: This is part 7 in a series documenting the countries of Epcot Center and the beers they serve.

After a quick break in America to rest up, we journeyed over the pacific into feudal Japan.  This Japan was kind of like you stepped into an old forest village, complete with man-made coy ponds, temples, and traditional houses that look like you are playing Ninja Gaiden on Xbox.  We went into the shop there and alongside the Mickey and Minnie dolls dressed in kimonos and other random Japanese trinkets and delicate stationery, there was a live oyster pond where one could find their own pearls.  This was pretty cool but I wish they were serving the raw oysters for consumption instead.  Finished browsing, we went and caught the Taiko drummers perform.  They had a monster drum and it was well done, rhythmic AND melodic. 



As far as beer goes, I passed on the beer in Japan since I've had most of the brews that they were serving (Asahi and Kirin).  Both decent beers but I wanted to keep things moving so I could try some stuff I never had (and preserve some sense of sobriety - for the kids). 

We moved on to Morocco.

 


I had no idea what to expect from Morocco as I don't know much about the country itself.  Disney seemed to get the art and architecture down, designing characteristic archways and implanting mosaic tile in as many places as possible.  A couple of shops that lined the street looked representative of what my mind's eye pictured Morocco to be.  Aladdin and Jasmine were there too; it was weird that they would lump the Middle East with Morocco... 



I wondered if they even had a beer since I had never heard of a brewery in a place that would have difficulty growing wheat and hops, in addition to the large Muslim population.  Looking around, I found that they actually did serve beer there, although you might characterize it as "anti-beer" or "pseudo-beer" since it was pretty much bland, watery, and flavorless - a liquid known as Casa Beer.  Checked THAT box.




2 comments:

    I guess Morocco is sorta close to the Middle East..maybe. But where was Genie!?

     
    On December 15, 2009 at 3:25 PM Pauline said...

    Look, it's almost like you were in Japan!! =D

     

Post a Comment