Review: Rogue Dead Guy Ale

Purchased from:
Gifted but can be found easily

ABV%:
6.5%

Type:
Ale, Maibock-style

Color:
Light amber hue, a little orangey, like those fossils

Aroma:
Caramelly malt, a muted hop scent and a hint of oranges.

Taste:
First, lots of toffee-like sweetness sweeps through the mouth, hop dryness and bitterness hit the back of the palate but it is somewhat muted and fades fast.  Leaves dryness.  Well-balanced and alcohol is hidden.

Overall:
I loved the design of the bottle.  The little skeleton "dead guy" looks so chilled out on top of that barrel and it got me excited because I wanted to be like that while drinking this beer.  After the first sip, I was a little underwhelmed because the sweetness turned out to be a little more than I expected.  As I continued drinking however, the balance worked itself out and the hop flavor, with a decent level of carbonation countered the malt profile.  Rogue Dead Guy Ale turned out to be a solid beer with good flavor, albeit nothing too complex, robust yet sessionable.  My first brew from Rogue and I won't hesitate to try their other offerings.

3.5/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment