Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  Hope you are all enjoying time with friends or loved ones and sharing some good food.  Oh, and beer, of course.

As I went food shopping, I picked up a couple fresh brews that I'm pretty excited to try over this long weekend.  The first is a big bottle of Stone Brewing's Double Bastard Ale.  This looks like a beast of a beer at 10.5% ABV with potential of awesome flavor.  Looking forward to it.


 
Second, I picked up Southern Tier's Harvest Ale. I've tried their Pumpkin Ale offering and really liked it so I thought to give this a try with dinner.  I will post my impressions next week.

So, what are you all drinking and eating? Feel free to leave your impressions in the comments.

2 comments:

    We are a wine family, probably a white to go with the turkey and PEKING DUCK. Whazza.

     

    I think you'll enjoy the Double Bastard, it has a bold flavor that can be slightly different at each sip depending on how you go about it (ie try drawing in a little air with it). Last night I was drinking the Mother Martha's Light Ale and Radio Towers Red from Rock Bottom, but tonight it's going to be Michelob Amber Bock.

     

Post a Comment